St. Mary's Sacred Heart Hospital is committed to the safety of our patients, from reducing the risk of infection to ensuring your doctor has all the information needed to prescribe the right medicine for you. Patient Safety is a growing field in modern health care, and you — as a patient or a patient's loved one — are the most important member of the team. We urge you to help your healthcare provider by:
- Writing down information such as allergies or medical conditions like high blood pressure or diabetes
- Writing down medicines you take, including over-the-counter drugs and herbal medicines
- Asking important questions such as "Have you washed or sanitized your hands?"
- Finding out what newly prescribed medicines are for and how to take them correctly
- Asking for explanations if you don't understand what your health care provider is telling you
For more information, check out these links:
The more you know and the more you are involved, the safer you will be.
Patient Safety and Quality Concerns
If you have a quality or patient safety concern, please contact the department director of the area, who will work with you to resolve your concern. You also are welcome to contact us through our:
Mission Services Department
Attn: MISSION SERVICES DEPT
1230 Baxter Street
Athens, GA 30606-3791
If your concerns cannot be addressed at this level, you may contact the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). JCAHO does not address individual billing issues, payment disputes, labor relations issues or individual clinical management of patients.
Fax:Office of Quality Monitoring, (630) 792-5636. Print a quality incident report form from the JCAHO website at www.jcaho.org
Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
(print a quality incident report form from the JCAHO website)
If you have questions about how to file your concern, you may contact JCAHO at 800-994-6610 on weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Time ( 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time).
Thank you for choosing St. Mary's Sacred Heart Hospital, a part of St. Mary's Health Care System.