Home Health Care
Celebrating almost 50 years of quality care!
Now serving Franklin County, too!
St. Mary’s Home Health Care Services bring care directly to you, in your home. Nursing care, rehabilitation, home health aides and more are all available to patients who meet home health care admission criteria. All services are provided with the compassionate touch that has distinguished St. Mary’s for decades.
St. Mary’s created the first hospital-based home health care organization in the region – and only the second in the state of Georgia – in 1970. Your doctor may recommend that you receive home health care if you are well enough to go home from the hospital but need continued care.
To be admitted for care or treatment by St. Mary’s Home Health Care, you must:
- Reside in our service area, which encompasses Athens-Clarke, Barrow, Franklin, Greene, Jackson, Madison, Morgan, Oconee, Oglethorpe and Walton counties
- Be under the care of a physician licensed to practice medicine in the State of Georgia
- Require short-term, intermittent, skilled care
- Be homebound, in most cases
- Have a willing and capable family member or substitute to provide care between visits from our staff.
Fees for home health care services may be covered by Medicare, Medicaid, insurance or private pay. If you need care but cannot afford it, St. Mary’s will work with you to make sure you receive the care you need.
Services provided by St. Mary’s Home Health Care Services include:
- Disease management and education
- Medical direction by a physician
- Nursing care
- Wound care/enterostomal nursing
- Medical social work
- Dietary counseling
- Home health aides
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies.
To learn more about our Telehealth services, visit this page.
St. Mary’s also provides home hospice. For information, click here.
For information call:
Locally: (706) 389-2273
St. Mary's Home Health Care Services License #029-057